Heart Problems in Pregnancy

Have you had any heart issues since becoming pregnant?

I have been reading abotu several people in the pregnancy groups having heart issues. The only real issue I have had is that my pulse has sped up. However, pregnancy can even cause Heart Failure. That is scary.

I was just wondering if you had heart issues and what they are/were. How are they treating you?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 7:44 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have a very slight heart murmur and it acts up once in a while since I'm pregnant (and in my other pregnancies as well). But that's when I notice it more since UR blood flow increases when UR pregnant. Even a slight racing heart or skipping beats is normal because of that.

But if it's to the point where it worries you or makes you always out of breath & uncomfy, def bring it to UR doc or OB's attention. :)
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 7:50 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My Mother and her Mother both passed away very suddenly in the 20's with reasons surrounding the heart but we were not sure why. During my first pregnancy they checked my heart and the babies extensively. So I went thru and EKG and and Echo cardiogram (not sure if spelling is right). That was pretty painful because your chest is so sore in pregnancy so it hurt while they were pushing on it to get the view. It looked like an ultrasound but on the heart. It was so neat. Thank the Lord I am fine and it is less likely to be for the baby to have issues because I can't pass on something I don't have (that is how they explained it to me).
    I do have friends and family who have heart issues with pregnancy. Murmurs that seem to get worse while pregnant. It was scary. Def talk with your Dr so they know!
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 26, 2010