Is it normal to feel this way?

I am pregnant with twins, and my fiance already has two kids. we were planning on having one, but when we got the news of twins, he was really upset by it. he says he has come to terms with it now, but i have this strange feeling that when my children are born, he wont love them like he loves his first two. am i just being jealous, or do i have a legitimate reason to be concerned?

DoubleTrouble90

Asked by DoubleTrouble90 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• I think it was probably just a shock to him to be having twins. He probably has come to terms with it and will be happy and excited when your children are born. As far as the insecurities, it's normal, especially while pregnant.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 11:41 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I think once he holds those babies in his arms he will fall madly in love...
    texastornado

Answer by texastornado at 12:13 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i think every one will be fine and loved maybe your just emotional right now and yea your worried i worried and cried and yelled and cried the whole time i was pregnant your family will be fine and those babys will have more love then they will ever realize from mommy and daddy
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I don't know whether what you are feeling should be considered normal or not. All I know is that I never considered for one second that my husband would not love our children equally.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• ok obviously you havent had kids yet - he probably blacked out for a second - if you have already spent sleepless nights over a single child - your heart will skip a beat when you hear twins -
    give him the benefit of the doubt - i am surprised he didnt sh*t his pants!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 12:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i'm not sure either if what your feeling is normal. i would have to say it must be if your feeling it. although i think it might be misplaced. if they are his kids why wouldn't he love the twins just as much? he will. in fact twins is more special then just a single birth if that helps more. he probably was overwhelmed with the thought of the cost to raise 2 yet along one.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2008