Pregnant Work Out Tips

Did anyone go to the gym while pregnant? What was your routine?

redmoonintexas

Asked by redmoonintexas at 11:39 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I do workout. I do walking for a warm up then about 45 minutes of weights. I still do abs too just not flat on my back I use the cable machines and do stand up crunches and things like that. Also FitPregnancy.com has a lot of good healthy tips and Gabrielle Reece has a preg workout DVD.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 11:55 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My doctor told me that if you were active before pregnancy, you can continue the same exercises with little modifications, but if you weren't(ME) then you should ease into fitness with some light to moderate exercises. I didn't go to the gym, but I'm starting to exercise at hom. babyfit.com is amazing for pregnancy exercises and stuff.
    katimae

Answer by katimae at 11:42 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I bought a pregnancy workout dvd and did it at home. Okay, I'm lying... I did it at home a couple of times. lol... Once you get farther into your pregnancy, after working a 10 hour day, then coming home to cook & clean... You're just too tired! lol

My doctor advised me the same as katimae. If you're already active, you can basically continue your previous routine. If not, ease yourself into a light to moderate workout routine. Someone at your gym (a trainer,etc.) can probably help you modify your current routine if this be the case.

Good luck & Congrats!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:50 AM on Oct. 21, 2008