halloween costumes?

My girlfriend just called and she is trying to come up with a creative inexpensive costume for her 5 y/o girl. Any ideas?

thedies

Asked by thedies at 11:42 AM on Oct. 21, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I told my kids to make up something this year. My daughter is an imaginary good/bad witch from one of her stories she wrote. My son is going as a bum, and my middle son is going as a ninja. Ninjas can be inexpensive. Black sweats, a black scarf or cloth around the head and black socks with a sash. (Doesn't have to be black. You could be a "red dragon ninja.)"
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 21, 2008

• go check out the thrift store or goodwill in your area, they usually have cheep costumes or stuff you can put together to make one.......like a rock star - sunglasses, glittery vest, fancy pants and some boots - just like Hannah Montana
    Sherry6470

Answer by Sherry6470 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Hi, I'm the Big Kid Buzz blogger, Cafe Kierna, and last week I posted something on DIY (Do it Yourself) Halloween costumes. I found some really cute ideas on different sites. So check out the entry and let me know if you get any good inspiration. Good luck!
    http://www.cafemom.com/dailybuzz/big_kid/400/DIY_Halloween_Costumes_for_Big_Kids
    Cafe Kierna

Answer by Cafe Kierna at 1:31 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Do you have a Dollar Tree store near you? If you do, they have all the pieces to make costumes for boys AND girls. I got my daughter a tutu, set of wings and a t-shirt to take some "fairy" pics in and you wouldn't know I only spent $3!!!
    They have cowboy stuff, princess, knight, all sorts of neat stuff!
    daydreaminmom

Answer by daydreaminmom at 2:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• she can be grapes you just take a green or brown sweat suit and pin purple or green balloons to it. A rose or flower just take cardboard make a flower top around you neck or head and green sweat suit.

kristie190

Answer by kristie190 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Oh or a medicine cabinet just get a box cut out door make shelves out of other card board put things like band aids, anything  in a medicine cabinet.

kristie190

Answer by kristie190 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Little granny is adorable and free. Makes granny feel special to have grand daughter dress up to mimic her. Shower cap or Rollers in her hair, robe, cold cream, glasses and slippers who doesn't have that?
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 4:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Have her dress up in some of her moms dress clothes, put her hair in a bun, add some glasses pretty make up on and she can be Palin.
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 4:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• You can always send her to school in pigtails and overalls and call her a farmer...

hey it's cheap...
    Kandeee

Answer by Kandeee at 10:31 PM on Oct. 21, 2008