Might be moving in the middle of the school year...

Should I look into keeping him where he is until the end of the year...can you do that? Should I consider home schooling the rest of the year. (Not a job I want full time) DO I suck it up and send him to the new school half way through the year...He is Asperger's with an IEP. I need to find out if his IEP carries over...that may make a difference...

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 8:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We moved this year also and I just kept my kids in the same school.I have to drive them every morning and pick them up everyday but it is worth it.
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 8:43 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I moved a lot as a kid, most the time in the middle of the school year. It is not something I recommend, moving is bad enough, but in the middle of the school year can be very scary. If possible, just keep him in his old school until the next school year, I see no reason to even tell the school that you are no longer at that address.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• If you can keep him in until the year is up, I really think that would be the best...
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 10:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2010