How did you get proposed to?

sam223

Asked by sam223 at 8:18 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I was asked while we were playing miniture golf with my daughter and his mom and step dad. I wasnt expecting it and shocked he do it in front of his mom.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 12:56 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My husband and I were down at his sister's house for the weekend and when we went out to the car to get something and he says "so what do you think?" and I was like "about what?" and he replies "you know, what we had been talking about". (we had talked about marriage before- I think he was trying to 'feel me out' on my thoughts of marriage before he actually asked me) so then I said yes. I joke with him that he never 'officially' asked me to marry him. That was 20 years ago...and still together
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• well, it was so cute. we were laying on our bed (we lived with his mom and dad at the time), and snackin while playin poker. (i loved teachin him to play poker...i always win!!!!!! LOL!) Well, back then, we wrote in notes to each other things we were afraid to say out loud. So, after several "i love you's" "your so cute!'s" and such, he wrote, "I love these chips!" so i said, "oh yeah, well the chips wanna know when you're gonna marry them!" after a few hours of joking about it, i said, "do you for real wanna marry me?" he said, "yes, i do". So i told him, well you better ask me right. So, after a bit, he looked at me and said (shaking!), will you marry me? I said yes, SCREAMED, cried, kissed him, and ran out the room to call my mom and tell his mommy! 3 months later, we were married.
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 9:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• my husband asked me to marry him at the az temple during christmas lights.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Well honestly.. we had been living together and our friends told us we needed to either decide if we loved eachother enough to have pre-marital sex that maybe we loved eachother enough to get married.. THEY OFFERED TO PAY FOR THE RINGS, THE JP AND THE AFTER PARTY... DINNER AT PONDEROSA... We allowed them to do that..

ALMOST 9 YEARS LATER.. I think we were pushed too hard.. But we are together and I do love him... I just wish we had been given the privledge of knowing each other better.. WE litterally met, got engadged and got married in 45 days... WAY TO DANG QUICK!
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 10:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• He was giving me a massage and said, "So, are you ever gonna marry me?" I replied, "Can't say yes if I don't get asked." He asked. I said yes. Married 5 months later.
    ParklaneMom

Answer by ParklaneMom at 5:27 PM on Sep. 26, 2010