When you donate in those boxes for charity do you feel accomplished? (donated stuff, clothes, toys )

I've done this so much. It's so un-raveling. Love that sense of feeling less is more.

coffeeyum

Asked by coffeeyum at 8:26 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• In a sense. I love giving to others, and I love getting rid of things we don't use anymore.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:27 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• i do only when i donate to a place that just gives stuff to people for free and dont sell it.... like i give to batter women shelters or adoption agencies... sometimes i donate to churches so they can sell it at rummage sales to get money for the church (in which they then help out families that are part of the church!!!) i hate giving to salvation army's cause they sell stuff way over price! i went once and they were selling a shirt that still had a tag on it right? the tag said 3.99 clarence but the store had their own tag selling it for $10.99!!! i showed them this and they just took off the original price tag from the original store.... people who go to these stores dont have much money and are trying to save... these stores get all their stuff for free yet sell it for more than the reg stores!!!!!! ugh. makes me sick
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 8:32 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yes I do. However, I tend to try to give to a local Womens Home or the Salvation Army. The Goodwill has gotten outrageous. At least the Salvation Army uses their proceeds for kids programs and such.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 8:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yes I do but it's to donate to others that can use it if all else fails I give it to someone who will sell for profit but I like giving to families or my school 1st to the people who need it
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:47 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Not at all. I donate all of our old clothes, old toys and just about anything else I can. 10% of my income goes to charity as well and I make sure I can always donate at least a small amount of food each month as well. But if anything I feel guilty I can't do more. I've been "needy" and hate that I can't provide more help for those who need it... I am always looking for something else to give, I just feel like there is so much more I could do and I don't, and that gives me an incredible amount of guilt when I look at the numbers of those in need!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:30 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I weed stuff out of our closets probably once a month. I do shop a lot and I don't want a cluttered mess, so I weed out the stuff we don't wear or use as often. I like the house to be neat and clutter-free, and it's nice to be able to give our things to people who can use them.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:19 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I love the idea that I can get rid of unwanted items that can be of use to others.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:16 PM on Sep. 27, 2010