Do you invite relatives or friends of the family over for dinner just to do so or does it have to be a special occasion for you to invite them over?

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 8:27 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I think it depends on how you feel about them. lol Most of the time, for us, we just do it whenever we feel like it or know I'll be cooking a huge meal. Better shared with family/friends. >3
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 8:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I invite them over just because! I love to cook and have people over :-)

~Alyssa M.
    Helping Moms Work From Home
    www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 8:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I would love to but than I think about all the work and the clean up after, than the thought just goes away
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 8:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I don't even invite them for "special occasions." If we want to get together with friends, we invite them out.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:27 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Agreed to my2luvbugs :-) lol Depends who they are but meals are ALWAYS better when shared with family/friends :-)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 8:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Honestly, it's kinda both. Sometimes if we want a bunch of family over for fun and great food we will be like,"Everyone after church Sunday get here." lol. But yes on special occasions or holidays b/c our house is the one people tend to come to.
    MarrsBar211989

Answer by MarrsBar211989 at 8:32 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• We invite my FIL over quite often, but he lives alone. Others not so much though.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Nobody ever comes to our house for special occasions or holidays because our house it too small. We have company for dinner a couple of times a week. Thursdays my friend Julie comes over, every week. And we invite mine or dh's parents at least once a week. And sometimes my little sister comes to dinner too.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• when i live closer to my family i plan to invite them over just because. we use to go to the in laws a lot so we will probably return the gesture.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• We usually invite my best friend and her family over for dinner at least once a week or once every other week. Our kids enjoy playing together, and we have a great time hanging out and relaxing. That's about it. We don't really have our families over that often unless it's a birthday party for one of our kids or a holiday (we're hosting Thanksgiving this year). It's sad that we don't have our families over, but there's too much drama and hassle for it to be enjoyable.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:11 PM on Sep. 25, 2010