how to get motivation...?

NEED to get some motivation to lose this horrible baby weight i still have!!!! (and then some please!!!!)... my daughter is 2 1/2!

any stories how you lost the weight... what you did, ate etc that can help me ut??? TIA!

wife07_mom08

Asked by wife07_mom08 at 8:37 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Go buy a dress that you would LOVE to fit into. Try it on every week and realize that you are getting closer to your goal. Reward yourself with the knowledge that you will be able to wear that gorgeous dress soon. I think there is no magic diet... eat right, exercise and you will lose the weight. South Beach worked well for me for that very reason - it is a good, healthy diet. Sure, you have to give up some carbs in the first phase, but it doesn't last long and you can have some carbs. So far, so good!
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• drink apple cider vinegar 1/4 cupp, dilute with water if you have to! between breakfast and lunch., and CUT DOWN on what youare eating, both portion wise AND foodstuffs... no fatty stuff, no candy or ice cream. just savory healthyish stuff. DRINK WATER IT WORKS, and i breastfed so it is all off me now an dmy daughter is 6 months now. eat grapoefruit and eat oranges for snacks they fill you up and cut fat.
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:48 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• AND WALK
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Get a workout buddy!! I get daily motivation emails. I still have all my pre-pregnancy clothes i would love to fit into again and that's my goal and I have my size 13 jeans i would love to wear again. That's how i keep motivated. I have them hanging on my door so I see them every morning.

set goals for yourself. Your main goal is to loose all the pregnancy weight but set small goals. My goal is to loose 60 pounds. I've broken that up...by oct 22 i need to loose 20 pounds and i've already lost almost 10 then 10 by thanksgiving and 10 by christmas...Then 15-20 by my birthday in late feb and 20 by june. At that time I will decide if i need to loose anymore and how much but for now that's my set goals

I change my workout every week too...kind of.

week 1: bike and resistance dvds
    week 2 walk 3 miles (brisk walk) and the resistance dvds
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 9:28 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• try dancing games with your daughter

or check out work outs with toddlers.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:28 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I need to get motivated too, and a friend recommended the SparkPeople web site. It's free, they have good healthy recipes, and lots of motivating emails and programs. Did I mention it's totally free? No strings attached, nothing to buy eventually (it's ad supported). I recommend it. DH and I both need to lose weight and we're working on motivating each other.
    TwoBrownDogs

Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 10:32 PM on Sep. 26, 2010