My son will not stop putting his finger up his nose!!! adult content

He will sit there with his finger up his nose, to the point I think he's touching his brain lol Is this normal? How do I get him to stop?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 8:38 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• LOL...my daughter does that too (she's two). I just ignore her. When she sees that I'm not giving her any attention, she'll focus her energies on something else.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• He's just a kid. Unless he's hurting himself, dont worry too much.
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• kids have to find their way and you cant be on top of them when THEY TOO need some release in life. if its not infront of strangers then just tell him, we dont do that. that is sort of a gross habit,. i never did it, tell him ( i really never did and my kids have no problem ever with it). kids WANT to do what is right and what adults do right anyway so this will help. also, offer him money to stop i am serious offer him a dollar if he can keep it OUT of his nose all night. then he can buy a toy., he will soon forget about his nose!! then tell him you will reward him if he stops so he doesnt thinkhe has to keep on it to get money. my son never did this, i just mad eit clear we just blow our nopse. if you see him doing that offer hi a tissue or call him over to you to blow his nose for real, thats what i did and they soon stop lol. also sometimes they say males feel penetrated on a level by doing this, really, so its an explore
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:54 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Does he have trouble breathing? or allergies? I would take him to the doctors and make sure there is not an underlying problem...kids that age like to put things up their noses too.....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 11:53 PM on Sep. 25, 2010