Could that be TWINS?!

I went in 2 nights ago for an ultrasound, they were doing free ones at this place, anyways.... It wasn't a vaginal one and they couldn't see much. They couldn't give me a due date, they thought I was just under 5 weeks. What they DID see was a sack, it looked like a black dot. My Hubby and I both thought we saw two of these so called "dots" which were the sacks. The u/s tech said " i'm pretty sure there is only one but you are early so i dont know".... Are we seeing things or is this a possibility?

BTW, twins run in the family but ive never had them. Any unique "twin symptoms"?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 8:44 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i hear symptoms are usually more extreme when carrying twins.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Where did you get a free ultrasound? I've never heard of anyone doing that.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:48 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• It's actually an anit abortion place, not that i was considering BUT we know the owners and are involved in the program.
    AshJoe05

Comment by AshJoe05 (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• it could be possible, since you are so early on,.it's possible they couldnt tell yet. i found out i was pregnant with twins at 14 weeks,
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 9:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I only seen one black dot (gestational sac) with this pregnancy and there is only one baby. I heard the earliest twins can be seen is 7wks. Good luck
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 9:20 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• It's possible. At first me and my doc thought there was only one baby when I had my first u/s at seven weeks. Then, he went to check an ovary and that's when he discovered the second one, lol.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 9:23 PM on Sep. 25, 2010