Are you a mom who puts her worries on her kids?

Im at a soccer game and this moms daughter, a soccer player on an extremely competitive team, was griping because her daughter was eating a salad. ??? I'm so confused, the girl is an excellent athlete, was eating a salad, and looks great. Every time she ate anything the mom kept telling her to stop eating so much , and blah blah blah. OMG I felt so bad for this womans daughter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• No I let her be a kid and I be the parent.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:31 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• No I carry my own worries.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:47 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I absolutely try not to do this! I encourage my kids to eat but eat healthy.

My biggest fear has been that someone would do something to them but instead of being paranoid about it and making them afraid, I taught them how to protect themselves.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I am a single parent and yes my kids still dont get the whole money thing. So, if they start whining about they need to have this or that and its not a priority, I dang well tell them we cant afford it. I think its important for them to know, where money is concerned I am on a super tight income. As for your salad example, that is just a mom trying to control her dd.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 9:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2010