does it irritate the crap out of anyone else when dh/so disagrees with you in front of child

my dh and i have been arging quite often lately about whenever i tell sd something...he should not argue with me about it right in front of her! this is a sd who thinks of me as her mom...she lives with us full time and i am her primary caregiver....ive treated her as my own since ive known them both!

tlgifford

Asked by tlgifford at 8:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yeah it would irritate me. Both parents need to show a united front. There's always time to have the child go into another room so you can discuss it.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Are you living my life? LOL...Same here with DSD...Its actually the only thing we argue about.
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 8:53 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• yes, I always try to tell dh if he doesnt like my disciplining then take me aside never say it in front of the kids.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 8:58 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I don't agree with SO and I think my sons needed to see me stand up for them. I think my kids needed to see us disagree and still be able to get along.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Oh my goodness YES! It gets under my skin. Consistency in parenting is extremely important. Otherwise, your kids run YOU. They are the boss because they will figure out what to do to get their way and exactly who to ask....
    litlmissmommy

Answer by litlmissmommy at 8:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• mine was mean about it,,, would overstep RIGHT when i had made a decision whether loving or guiding, and once took an ice cream cone out of my sons hand after a whole day gettin gover a cold. he wa sjust a painin the ass and i hated it
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 9:00 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• IMO
    His child so he has final word...you can try to delegate if he is willing to, but if not you can either suck it up or keep arguing over something that wont change
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• his kid, his final say is fine with me but i dont like it when he does it in front of her....and the only time he has anything to do with HIS OWN daughter is when hes arguing with me about a punishment
    tlgifford

Comment by tlgifford (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• If it's about discipline, he should back me in front of my child. HOWEVER if it's anything else, it's perfectly healthy to see to adults maturly disagree on something, and that they still love eachother. It shows that it's normal to disagree sometimes.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• ha yea! we argue about things in front of her and i dont like doing it because i dont want her to worry about it but yea i know it happens and its good for themm to see how people work through their problems. i just have a problem with the discpline side of it
    tlgifford

Comment by tlgifford (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2010