My brain has apparently dribbled out my ears...

can someone please explain this to me in SMALL words...

It's been a really long day.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 8:53 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Sorry I'm no help. My brain is fried as well. But I bumped ya!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Not sure I understand it all but it sure sounds like the ACLU has finally completely lost its ever lovin mind! Is it really saying that they were in on a suit to try and turn over info to a terrorist?? That group should be disbanded if that's the case!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• The way I understand it, the crazy clerk was suing the US Justice Dept. is stop the from putting his name on the hit list. I don't think the JD was doing the suing. They were dismissing the suit by the crazy cleric.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Anwar al-Awlaki is an American born citizen. Obama has ordered that he be killed without due processor a trial. The ACLU and Awlaki's father is fighting this because our government cannot kill one of its own citizens in a democracy. Obama then turned around and invoked the State Secrets privilege to block the courts from getting involved.

I hate to admit it, but I agree with the ACLU on this one. This would be no different then if the government decided to up and kill any one of us. I don't think that any president should have that kind of power.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 11:56 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• without due process and a trial.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 12:11 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Duh, what was the question?
    treece

Answer by treece at 2:18 AM on Oct. 1, 2010