What if McCain was ahead in the polls right now?

Imagine if it was McCain who had spent the last 20 years in the pews of a white supremacist church that supported an apartheid-like separationism from black people, and also that until a few months ago, McCain had proudly claimed the church's white racist pastor as his "friend, mentor and pastor" which even included taking the title of his best-selling 2006 memoir from one this man's sermons? What would you be saying right now Obama Supporters?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• blah...blah...blah... shit starter
    Anonymous

• Imagine that the media, assorted pundits, politicians and practically anyone with a microphone or blog, say none of this matters or simply state it is "racist" to discuss these shocking facts....what would you Obama supporters be saying if this were the case?
    Anonymous

• obama 08'
    Anonymous

• No....blah blah....It is a commentary offered up in my local newspaper today!.....So I suppose anyone that offers up an interesting twist on a current event is a shit starter if you don't have the same views...hmmm shit starter I am then!
    Anonymous

• i guess i'd have to go kill a bear.
    sorry, that was a joke and it bad taste.
    ummm.. i don't really know what would happen. i don't think the obama campaign would be slinging as much mud as the mccain campaign has been doing but who knows?
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Do you get value from asking the question or do you get value from getting answers? Because it seems to me that you just wanted to say, not ask, say your question and then have hordes of people tell you that you are right and not think for themselves and change their votes all because you don't like Obama.

If you don't like him, don't vote for him. Your candidate may win or lose.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 1:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I couldn't care less about all these petty character assaults.
    I do care, however, about the fact that my child's health insurance will be state-funded, and he will probably go to public school.. and who will be better equipped to help me provide this?

Anonymous

• Then vote for your candidate, don't tell me who to vote for mine.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 2:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• He very well may be leading, but you will never hear that from the media.
    Anonymous

• Yes, you are right - it is the liberal media lying to you. McCain is really ahead, this is his strategy. Shhhhh....
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 3:42 PM on Oct. 21, 2008