Family problems..what to do?

So I have a son that is 2 years old and I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years.His family is great and all but recently had a problem with his sister who is 2 years younger than me. I posted on facebook on my status a quote about marriage and I commented that I dont think I couldnt ever get married. She flipped out and said all this stuff about how her brother(my boyfriend) has taken care of me and I say all this mean stuff about him on facebook all the time(so not true plus he is my friend on facebook so he could see the stuff too) and i never said anything about my own bf behind his back. and she says she is done biting her tongue and she isnt the only one who feels this way which makes me think his mom and dad think the same. now i dont want our son around them.. am i wrong? I am so pissed about it and it hurts me because i expected alot from their family and always like them more than my own family. what should i do?

djanowski775

Asked by djanowski775 at 9:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• i had this problem before,,so i deleted my account and made another for only my friends and family,..not my husband or his family,,,now i write wat ever i want on FB lololzzzzzz,,,now , for ur husband tell him wat u wrote ... for ur parents in law don't open conversation about this ,if they or ur sis in law said anything tell her,..,like come on, me and him jokes alot and tease each other alot,,don't make abig deal honey,,,and from now on stay away from parents in law ,,red line under parents in law.
    mamishad

Answer by mamishad at 9:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Hold your tongue and don't write stuff about your relationship on facebook. Stop, use your head these thoughts are not for general or public knowledge. I cannot believe what some people write on facebook.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:14 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Just remember holding your son over anyone's head hurts him as well.. Even if he's only 2.... My sister did that for years, and now we have NO realtionship with her kids, and they are all grown. She would get mad and keep them from all of us. It's not fair to the kids, so just remember to put them first in every decision you make, not yourself.

I also agree, facebook isn't the place to air your opinion on things like marriage, religion, or politics, because not everyone agrees on it, so it's best to keep it to yourself.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:26 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Don't air your dirty laundry out on Facebook first off. Let her rant and look stupid. DO NOT RESPOND!! Oh yeah, delete her too. Next, asses the situation for yourself, not from what she says. Why don't you have a talk with his parents and see how they really feel if you are that worried about it. Get facts before you do anything, you might feel stupid later.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I think you just touched on the key here. Your bf's parents, also her parents, never got married. That might bother her, hence, she's pissed at you for taking the same route. Maybe she is being a bitch, but if that's not her usual MO with you, then consider that she's taking her frustrations about her own parents out on you. It doesn't make it right, but it does explain why she's feeling that way.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 9:25 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• You probably should sit down and talked to your boyfriend about all this. Let him know what went on and how upset you are with the situation. I would probably talk to his parents too. His sister could just have said that she wasn't the only one who felt that way out of anger. It might not be easy conversations but necessary.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 9:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I showed my boyfriend my posting and what she said. he was furious and thought she was being a bitch. I dont post things on there that would get me in trouble she was blowing it all way out of porportion. I dont write things on there that i think would upset anyone.. it was basically saying that I will probably never get married because i think its pointless to have a piece of paper to show you love a person. FYI my boyfriends parents never got married and are still together but living separately so i dont think they care much. I think since his sister wants to be a bitch that maybe she doesnt have to see my son anymore.
    djanowski775

Comment by djanowski775 (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I don't think this is about what you posted, I think it's more about what SHE posted! :) She would have found something else to attack you on if she just doesn't like you. That's why I just say delete her, so it doesn't happen again, and people aren't logging in to view your drama(it's your drama if it's under your name ;). I won't allow arguing,, or stuff like that on my page. It's too negative.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:25 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• well it wasnt just about the marriage she was stating that basically i was not good enough for her brother. I did delete her right after she kept posting things on my wall. All my friends got mad at her and I have never had a problem with my friends on FB and my opinions people post things on there that i dont agree with but its a free country and i just pass on by the posting if i dont agree with it or just dont read it. I would never start criticizing about it. IT was more than just the marriage things. She basically said that because i had lost my job and was unemployed that i was using my boyfriend(her brother) for money and that was the reason i was staying with him and questioning my love for him which she is all wrong..if i really wanted his money i would want to try and marry him lol. WHich i dont. I love him with all my heart. Also, she said people text her to ask if my bf and i are going to break up.ppl they work wit
    djanowski775

Comment by djanowski775 (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• btw i love his mom and dad. i used to be so close with his mom like she was my own mom. my family is not exactly a good family. my dad left us kids when i was little so no relationship there and my mom is an alcoholic so i used to talk to his mom all the time about personal stuff(not about our relationship though) and we were fine.
    djanowski775

Comment by djanowski775 (original poster) at 9:34 PM on Sep. 25, 2010