When does a baby's hair start changing color towards their permanent color, after they are born?

soccerfanatic14

Asked by soccerfanatic14 at 9:27 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not all children change hair color. I had one twin that was born a red head and is still red headed. His twin went from dark black to blond but not until he was closer to /
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• A persons hair can change color any time. Usually around a 5 or 6 it is pretty close to what it will be. My daughter was born with white blond hair she is almost 3 and it is starting to become more dirty blond. I suspect by the time she is 5 it will be light brown like mine.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• it is gradual. my daughter is like a strawberry blond or golden brown haired child but my husband has black and i have chestnut har! she is only six months., her eyes are becomin ga beautiful shiny brown tho so that is setting in.
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 9:34 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• yep anytime. My sister had blonde hair as a baby/kid, but mow it is a dark brown her hair didn't change brown until she was like 17 or 18. My hair was blonde as a baby, but as a teen it was brown. My youngest was born with brownish blond hair and now at 2.5 it is as blonde as blonde can get lol well before it turns white lol (since my brother had such blonde hair that it was white litterly and now at 21 is just blonde) My oldest was very dark when she was born and now it is brownish blonde at 5
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:38 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My 1st and 3rd both had very dark hair when they were born. Within 2-3 months it had all fallen out and they were bald until they were almost 1, when their hair finally came in it was blond. My 2nd was born with brown hair and it stayed brown. My 4th was born with brown hair and it gradually turned a dirty blond. My 5th is 2 months old with beautiful auburn hair - I hope it stays!

Answer by missanc at 9:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• my daughters color never changed
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 9:57 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I didn't realize they did change color lol. Or at least not all babies. Mine changed from a reddish blond when I was born, to platinum by the time I turned 1.5. It stayed platinum until puberty or so, then my roots got darker, but it stayed ever so slightly darker than platinum (basically the lightest golden blond you can imagine) everywhere else. I think it's still like that, but I've kept it dyed since I was 15 (about 6 years ago).

My daughter is 2 and her hair is the same color as when she was born. So are all my friends kids.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• dont know my last is 2 an its still changes color
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My dd is 4 and it's still changing .... I was born with coal black hair, then turned blonde, strawberry blonde, and today it's a brownish color! lol
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 12:19 AM on Sep. 26, 2010