SHOULD I go to my regular Mass at church tomorrow if i suspect my separated husband will be there again? adult content

this is MY church and I have the order against HIM. he showed up at church as i turned form lighting a candle for the family at the end... lookin gall remorseful and sad and nodded. his family emsiled that he didnt want to make me feel uncomfortable and he would stay in his pew like he usually used to (!) til i leave. they said he was in a rsuh so he had gotten up that one time. i was all sorts of emotions over this but got outtas there qickly last time. NOW i may not light a candle. i may go to the early mass. i have a baby. i dont know. it would be strong to go there again as it is my church homem but i dont want further contact right now. maybe in future but too soon now. my friend said to get dolled and go. my counselor said just call polic if he made contact more than that. what do you think

silverelf

Asked by silverelf at 9:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• YOU have an OP against him and yet YOU are the one wondering whether or not you should go... Don't every allow someone to alter how you live your life. Don't every allow him to control you! And if you don't go to church simply because he MIGHT show, you are doing just that. You are giving him all the power, and that's what he is aiming for. Your connection with your God is more important than whether or not you allow him to affect your life, and I understand that. But to allow him to get between you and your worship is not only going to give him control over your day to day life, but also gives him the power in knowing that he is coming between you and something as important as God...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:35 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Is there another church in your area you can go to? I know you said its your church, but if your going for religious reasons and not social I see no reason why you can't change churches at least temporarily.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:32 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I would inform the priest or another of the clergy to help you & be on the lookout for him - and go to early mass. If he shows up, call the police, since he's violating his order. GL Momma.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:34 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• go. nothing should go between you and God...even him. if you have an early mass and can make it there for that, then go then. i can understand if you don't want to go to another church. that's the one you KNOW. you trust the priest, the members. at least i hope you do :) i agree with your counselor, if you see him, make sure you are on the other side of the church or something. he has a right to worship too...

that MY opinion though. legally, i'm not sure how that works. emotionally, i'd say to pray about it, ask God to be strong if you see him again.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:37 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• If he is violating the order, I would in some kind of polite way tell his family....since it sounds like they are there?? If the baby is up and you all are ready at the time to go to the early mass go then. Or is there Saturday night mass? I would let your priest know of the situation as well, after all, they are there for guidance and support, I hope anyways. I wouldn't want to change churches either, sorry.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:38 PM on Sep. 25, 2010