how do you maintain your inner peace and carry on?

i have an inner peace (it is spiritual) that helps me get thru just about anything. yes anything, really. i keep it by renewing it an drevisiting it and asking God for Holy Spirit and reminaing positive and counting blessings... but how do YOU do it? keep you rinner core healthy and happy and holy and go forward each day?? what are you rmethods or is it natural liek breathing (liek for me)>? this is about major coping skills so maybe it will help someone and i am curious if i need to see other methods and be inspired by you guys

silverelf

Asked by silverelf at 9:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• for me I just keep repeating...God Brought me to it..so he WILL bring me Though it! I also do alot of praying, I have alot of faith and I guess I go to the Lord in need..and he seems to point me in the right direction...
    kids_r_gr8

Answer by kids_r_gr8 at 11:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I practice mindfulness- essentially just being where I am, not worrying about the future or obsessing about the past. I try to be mindful of my thoughts so that I recognize when my mind is just running off in crazy directions which aren't even worth worrying about. I meditate as well, which helps me to calm myself. I usually do basic breathing meditation or a chanting meditation. In general I try to keep things in perspective... my grandfather always used to say about everything that 'it'll come and it'll go.' Nothing lasts forever. That statement really helps me to balance. things in my mind.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:55 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I exercise, do yoga, meditate, eat healthy, keep stress low, play with my kids and enjoy spending time with my husband.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 10:06 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• im probably the last person to take advice on inner peace from, but i do what helps me so maybe it can help someone else.

every night before bed i write down every worry i have from the serious (finances) to the pointless (that dumb thing i said to so&so). then i go over the list (usually 20-30 things) & ask myself "is this something i can change?", if the answer is yes i aim to fix it the next day. if the answer is no i take a sharpie & black it off the list...i cant fix it so i get rid of it. then i meditate on the positive things of the day by laying in bed in the dark & focusing on them till i fall asleep. its one of my many coping mechanisms for anxiety.

i also do weekly 30 min hemi-sync meditations...they play resonating tones and then help your subconscious focus on certain things...it sounds silly but it really helps...or at least the placebo effect works really well! :)
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:20 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I pray, meditate on God's word, and tickle my kids. Their laughter always calms me even when they're the ones aggravating me. He! He! He!
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 2:11 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I would also like to know.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:45 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• When things are difficult, I remind myself that I have already been through much worse in my life. Also, I step back for a minute and ask myself if whatever it is will matter in a month / year / five years / 10 years. It puts things in perspective.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:33 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I practice zen meditation, I do yoga, I pray.

Charmom2

Answer by Charmom2 at 5:50 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• What helps me get through anything and cope everyday? The faith I have in myself and the trust I have in my inner strength. I learn from life everyday- whether it was through something wonderful or wonderfully horrible. I use that experience to grow and learn and move on to the next day.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:15 AM on Sep. 26, 2010