Smoke Alarm Q

So why do you think a smoke alarm would make one beep noise every other 5 minutes without a battery in the smoke detector? We took the battery out until DH gets home thinking that would stop the beeping..then we tried resetting the smoke slarms..and that stopped it once..but a few hours later here are again now..I'm just curious on what it could be before DH gets home in about 45 minutes or so..if he wouldn't know. This beeping is annoying..lol.

SparklingHope

Asked by SparklingHope at 9:57 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Home & Garden

• The smoke alarms usually send the same signal for a dead battery when there is no battery... although I have one that we have replaced the battery several times but it beeps randomly... sometimes it won't beep for days and then it will for a few hours and then it wont again... its possessed lol
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 10:12 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Mine did that the other day..it started beeping every minute or so at 5:30 in the morning! I took it out of the ceiling (ours is plugged in and has a battery) and then took the battery out and it kept beeping, apparently it has an internal battery to let you know the other one is dead...i put mine in the garage so I could go back to bed and then got a new battery later that day. It hasnt made a beep since i replaced the battery.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• It needs a new battery. And it sounds like yours might be hardwired to the house.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:24 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Yeah, our alarm system are intwined with another..one alarm is connected with all the rest of 'em that are in the house. We figured it out..We think Walgreens (unknowingly) sold my husband a dead set of batteries. lol.
    SparklingHope

Comment by SparklingHope (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Sep. 26, 2010