"Natural" Pain remidies I can use while pregnant...

I am pregnant. I am not due until December. I have a hip which is out of place and rotated and my chiropractor can no longer help me because he could put me in labor at this point... The pain is to the point where I am having trouble walking sometimes, I can't sit for to long, I can't stand and I can't lay on either side... Which means I also don't sleep. More than once now I have literally fallen because of the pain - which isn't go either...

I talked to my doctors and they gave me Percocets, but I don't really want to take them unless it's one of those times when I can't walk because I don't want to put the baby through withdrawal at birth... They told me beyond that I could take Tylenol, but nothing else.

Does anyone know of any "non-medication" pain relievers that I could use to help me get through day to day? I have fibromyalgia so pain isn't a new thing, I'm no wimp, but this is really bad!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Health

• I broke my foot while preg and took them the last 5 weeks of my pregnancy and baby was not having withdrawls. You would have to be taking them in excess for that to happen. BUT I had a bone spur in my hip from the cast, and roung ligament pain too. It's also not healthy for baby for you to be dealing with pain. So take if needed. Also, I soaked in the tub, used BIOfreeze topical gel, heating pad on my hips, and pillow between my knees.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Heating pad, hot water bottle.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:03 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Because of the way my hip is rotated the pillow between the knees doesn't help at all... But I have experience with addiction - including children. And at this point in my pregnancy even one a day could result in a dependency for the baby at birth. Which I don't want. I have tried heat, and do use it, but it really does nothing... the problem there is because the injury is so internal the heat can't penetrate that deep. Which was why I was hoping for something a little better. I tried to do the "hot bath" thing, but got stuck in the tub - lol! So I'm just going to stick with hot water bottle... I have a 3 & 4 year old and simply need to be able to dull the pain enough that I can care for them... Clean house, cook dinner, do dishes. that kind of thing... I don't expect to be able to do cartwheels, I couldn't do those before - lol! But I thought there might be something I could put into tea or something...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 10:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Tylenol pm will work just fine..but try lukewarm baths as well..Hope this helps
    Lovelymee23

Answer by Lovelymee23 at 10:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Sorry don't know anything like that! But I was taking Percs at 34 weeks at 2 to 3 a day, and my baby was not addicted or with drawling at birth. I also had them my last pregnancy due to a cyst the size of a large grape @ 32 weeks, on my ovary that was getting pushed as baby got bigger and she was fine too. I'm just sayin! :) I don't know what to tell you then. Good luck. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I've been doing Tylenol, and no, it doesn't come close to working... In fact I don't even notice it... Frankly the pills from the doctor don't completely take care of the pain, it simply dulls it... At this point my hip is laughing out loud at Tylenol...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 10:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Drink tart cherry juice or eat some cherries. It will lessen the pain & reduce inflammation
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:15 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I had surgery while pregant, and had to take oxycodone. I felt horrible, but my doctor told me that if I refused the pain medication, my body would tense up and feel all the pain. And that would affect the baby worse than taking the pain medication... Not really sure if its true, but I ended up taking the perscription until the inscision was healed.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 4:56 AM on Sep. 28, 2010