If you adopted a dog from the pound...

Would you still go for the pure breed most want or the one that needs your love?

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 10:02 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Pets

• The one who needs my love
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Whether you adopt from a pound or from a rescue, or from a licensed breeder. You need to choose a dog that fits your lifestyle, not just one that "needs love". I have worked rescues for a long time. If people would jus research the breed before they take the dog, their lives wold be easier and they wouldn't be taking the dog back 6 mos later. Make sure you know what you are getting into. Can you afford grooming, vet bills(some breeds have more health issues), temperment, high or low energy, etc. I have a jack russel corgie mix, and he's a pain in the butt. But I knew he would be and I can handle it! lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• i go with whatever dog has the personality that i like and my family likes. i have gotten great mutts and purebreds both. it's temperament you should look for.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Our dogs were what I liked to call purebred mutts. They were mutts but the vets could tell which couple of breeds they were.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Pick the one that I connect with.
    I have a mutt but I didn't adopt him from the pound. I saved him from my brother-in-law. He didn't want him anymore so he was going to go to the humaine society and I felt bad.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 10:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• i would go with a dog from the pound any day...why buy when shelter pets die? and most of the pets that people want now days are mutts anyway...yorkie poos, labradoodles....mutts with fancy names
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 10:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• We pick whichever we form an attachment with. Our dog is a husky/shepherd mix, and we love her to death. I don't think we've ever owned a purebred dog....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I would go for the dog that fits my family.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• If i could i would adopt All of them b/c it is So Hard to walk in a shelter and have to choose- but, i wouldn't pick out one that would not fit into my lifestyle b/c we would both be miserable- i think people should kinda have a idea in mind before they even go to the shelter on what type of dog they want & then do some research before they adopt- My dog is a Chi/Yorkie Mix & she is the Best dog in the World- (for me, anyway:)
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• i would go with the personality.
    TiggerMom

Answer by TiggerMom at 2:04 PM on Sep. 26, 2010