Is this right?

I went to one of my friends house in the early morning and i heard her say to one of her kids "don't forget to wash your underwear." And I asked her what she ment and this is what she said: Well my step mother had me wash my underwears in a sink so i want to teach my kids to do the same." Is that right, is that normal to let your kids do that, i would think you should wash it in the laundy...what do you gals think?

jennygrasonmama

Asked by jennygrasonmama at 10:06 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I little weird, but it is teaching the kids to be self-sufficient. To each their own.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 10:09 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Very weird. Underwear belongs with the rest of the laundry. I bleach my kids' underwear.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:09 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• uhhh i have a problem with that one.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• i agree with you gals
    jennygrasonmama

Comment by jennygrasonmama (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• dont see a problem..i hate having dirty underwears in the laundry past 24hrs period..myself,SO,or my older kids wash all underwear everyother day..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 10:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Is it possible she is teaching them to treat their delicate....delicately. I know a lot of people who don't put their undies in the washer, they do this to make them last longer and hold their shape longer.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Well, I'm a firm believer that undies need to be washed in super hot water and clorox. I just don't think you can get them clean enough in the sink!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• If that is what she was taught then let her go with it. She just doesn't know any different. To each his own.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:41 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I think its kind of weird and a little gross. Cause really how clean is a kid going to get their underwear from the sink.
    renijazzysmom

Answer by renijazzysmom at 9:51 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Maybe its a little weird but if thats all the mom know then so be it, its her way of teaching her kids.
    mellisahugs

Answer by mellisahugs at 4:18 PM on Sep. 26, 2010