Should I...

I love being a stay at home mom love it so much because I can cook clean and do so many things with out worrying about work. But my life long dream as a child was to be a teacher, a 1st grade teacher. But I'm not sure i want to take the risk to go back to college. I enjoy very much going out with my other friends that are stay at homes...and im afriad if i do be a teacher then i wont have time for things i have now, like spending time with my friens and family.What do you gals think i should do. And im expecting and due in 2 months im thinking i should go back to school in like 3 years so i will have the baby with out any thing on my mind like school. need help please

jennygrasonmama

Asked by jennygrasonmama at 10:15 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• You are at the helm, so decide would you want to do a full schedule (of college courses) or a bit at a time, having it take longer and be more relaxed?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:20 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Stay home if you can, and you say you enjoy it! I would love to stay home.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• You can take courses online for your education degree through Western Governors University. You can go part time if you want and the only time you would have to go full time is during your last semester when you do student teaching. Also, a new trend (at least in my area) is to co-teach part time. One teacher will work Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and the other teacher will teach Thursday and Friday and then next the first teacher will only work Monday and Tuesday and the second teacher will work Wednesday-Friday. Or there are also part-time teaching positions that are from 8-12 Monday-Friday. However, it all boils down to what you want to do. Good Luck in whatever you decide.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• You can always find a way to make time for the things you want to do. If you want to teach and go back to school, do it. You will just have to learn how to balance everything. The years in school may be tough, but once you finish, it will be easier.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:20 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• See how you and your baby are doing in three years, then revisit your choice. You may have a child that requires your attention and the need for a stay at home mom. No sense in getting ahead of your life. It just brings on stress and worry that you don't need right now. I went back to school at 35 yrs old. I wanted to be a teacher too. It was hard for me. Many in my classes were fresh out of High School and I had forgotten most of what I learned. If you are fresh out of high school, keep learning. You can do that even now, b4 you choose. Read books, get some math and writing programs. Go to the college library. Read some of their books on the subject. You can alway print pages, take them home to study. Or find someone who's in college that will let you borrow their old books. The Library is a gold mine for knowledge! Start a study group. Go on the internet or watch PBS that has classroom hours on it. Have fun!
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 11:48 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• degrees dont matter in this economy, our local hospital just laid off 45 doctors and a bunch of nurses, the total will be 00 of both by December.

Want to do something to exclude yourself from this economy? Contact me :0)
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:48 AM on Sep. 26, 2010