birth

tell us your birth story!

shaysmommy5810

Asked by shaysmommy5810 at 10:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My birth story. I check in the hospital at 8pm 7-20-10. They gave me Cervidil twice. One when i got there and again around 1:30AM. At around 6:30AM they started low dose of Pitocin. Around 8:30 AM they came in and broke my water. I started labor at 10AM. The nurse came in around 4:40PM and said we could do some practice push. Did about 6 pushes and she said to stop she has to call the Dr. My Dr. said try not to push shes on her way she'll be there in about 30 mins. About 5:10 i said i feel like i have to push. The Dr. right then and there walk in and i started to push and only had to push 3 times and she was out. Born at 5:19PM 7-21-10 5lbs 14oz. Was due 7-19-10 and i really didn't want to get induce but in the end I'm glad i did cause she had a bowel movement already.
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 12:30 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• love too less than a 3hr labor, i walked into the hospital... they didnt even offer me a wheel chair i had to stop twice cause the contractions were so bad, well when i finally got to lay down they checked me and i was 7 cm already, i really wanted pain meds and couldnt, i threw up twice cause i was scared, the nurse made me blow out the imaginary candle so i wouldnt focus on the pain, by the time the doc got there i was pushing, couldnt help it, she didnt even have time to change, his head had pluged all the fluid so she had to change her clothes... it wasnt really painful it was just a lot of pressure, he was 9 lbs and 21 1/2 inches long, 3 weeks early... he was beautiful
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 10:28 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• 18 hours of labor (5 hours were transitional labor)...then a C-section...don't want to do it again
    Shannon H.

Answer by Shannon H. at 10:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• 23.5 hours of unmedicated labor, 2 hours of pushing with an emergency birth. It is not something I would ever want to do again.

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 11:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• first one 6 hours of labor 3 pushes no pain meds 2nd was a c section both my boys were head up they did not want to turn
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 12:42 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• 37 hours of labor. Failure to progress past an 8 and i went in at a 3. Made a very stressed out mama and little man. Ended in a c section.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:56 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• AT HOME WATER BIRTH:
    i was feeling contractions on and off all day, they were light. they started getting really harsh around 9, right after i ate dinner. i got in ther shower and stayed in there for a long time. after i got out i was sitting on the couch trying to relax, then i had to throw up. After that i got into my birth pool, it was 11 pm and i started pushing at 1:10, and within 4 pushes she was out. she was here at 1:15 September 6 =)
    happily with no doctors or midwives, just my DH and my close family.
    hotmommy420

Answer by hotmommy420 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 26, 2010