Those of you who NEVER SPANK..

Give me your BEST REASON'S WHY..
And lets all Not just repeat the same things everyone else said.. BE ORIGINAL.. Or atleast use a personal reason.!

MAKEMYDAY101

Asked by MAKEMYDAY101 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Hey Ms Anonymous. Why did you say Troll? What's up with that? Why explain parenting? Duh, lets see, thats one of the reason Cafemom lives, because we're here to help each other. If you don't want to explain any thing, why answer anything? Are you Trolling? Trying to start trouble? I hope no. We need to be encouraging to each other. So, let me encourage you by saying, Plz lets keep it being helpful, insightful, and passing on some wisdom in raising our children in a healthy lifestyle. Some of us didn't have good teachers. Look at some of the answers above. I know what they're talking about. Which is why I found other methods to teach my children. Like giving a child a choice, like the ones we have to make. Be nice or be friendless. Obey the law or go to jail. to name a few... have them help make the discipline before there is a problem. Like no TV/Games for hour. but not, no dinner, TV,& bed@ same time for one wrong thing
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 1:50 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• i used to..but dont anymore..i got spanked ALOT when i was a kid, i was raised in a christian home, private school/church every sunday. my whole life i was always told "no" to everything..but never was i given any reasons as to why..."just because" is the answer i always got..and all i ever wanted was things ot be explained to me...then when i had my daughter i noticed myself following in my parents footsteps (aside from the christianity aspect, because i no longer am religious) and i noticed that whenever i spanked my daughter all i saw was ME!! and it broke my heart. Alli ever wanted was my mom or dad to just TALK to me..and they never did..and in return, i never talked to them either..and i realized i dont want that with my daughter..i want her to be able to feel like she can talk to me about ANYTHING!! so about a yr ago, when she was 5, we pinky-swore that i wouldnt spank anymore, and things have been sooo much better!!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:53 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I was raised by a very abusive mother. She would get so out of control that she would slap me across my shoulders and leave huge welts from it. I would run to the bathroom afterwards and try to put cold water on my shoulders where she left marks. I will never forget how much it hurt and how afraid of her I was. I honestly was afraid before I had kids that I would be just like my mom.,,b/c the abuse was so far out there, I have never layed a hand on either of my kids. But mine was an extreme situation. I couldnt get into a spanking debate, b/c what I went through was pure child abuse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• it just doesnt make sense to me to cause physical harm to my own child ever. if i wouldnt hit someone on the streets that i dont care about, what would i hit my own child? i think its an immature way of dealing with things, i think its the easy way out of disciplining. i think its traumatizing and abuse to a child no matter how hard you hit them. theres better ways to discipline. spanking teaches violence and anger.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:36 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My mom was abusive towards me growing up. I don't trust myself to use spanking not in the heat of anger. The only times when I have wanted to spank, it's because I was really mad at the time. I know it's meant to be used calmly as a consequence, but I've never experienced it that way and for me, by the time I'm calm I have thought of another alternative to discipline. I only WANT to hit when I'm really mad, and that's what my mom was like- she would just lose her temper and would smack me. As a child growing up I swore I would never strike my kids, and I never have. We have a rule that applies to everyone that says 'we do not hit in our family.' I'm proud of that rule, and the kids know that this is my number one rule and that it applies to all.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:47 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I could never bring myself to intentionally hurt my child. The very thought makes me physically ill.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• My dad was very abusive. I will not use violence to punish.
    jthor

Answer by jthor at 10:35 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I agree with the first answer. I could never intentionally hurt my child. As her mom I want to be the safe place she goes to without her ever having to worry I would hurt her. My parents never spanked me and I cannot under any circumstance justify spanking my daughter.
    mamakels579

Answer by mamakels579 at 10:37 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I will never spank my children seen as though I am STILL scared of my father. It's ABUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lyndsey P.

Answer by Lyndsey P. at 10:52 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 12:08 AM on Sep. 26, 2010