At my daughter's preschool, when I said good morning to one of her classmates her reply was"my dad chocked my mom." I'm not sure what to do now...any advice on the direction I should go with this info???

robin210

Asked by robin210 at 10:27 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I wouldn't over-react. My three year old says terrible things sometimes- "Mommy punched daddy." "Daddy destroyed mommy!" "I was playing with mommy last night and she died." Out of context it can sound awful- but it's really just his imagination, or games we play. If I saw the parent I may bring it up, and watch their reaction. You'll probably get a feeling of what the context was.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 10:30 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Go nowhere, let it go.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• If you're concerned mention it to the teacher. She will know if the child has said anything like that before and if she suspects its not a game she will report it to the necessary people. Teachers are state mandated reporters, if they suspect child abuse or neglect that have to report it.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I would just mention it to the the teacher so she can keep an eye out for abuse.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I would talk to the teacher so she is aware of it & can keep an eye out to see if anything else is going on.

My son told his classmates that mommy & daddy were fighting & mommy won... (In all honestly we were rough housing & tickling each other & daddy screamed Okay you won please please please stop!!))
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:11 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• call the police...quick.
    manifer_momma

Answer by manifer_momma at 5:28 AM on Sep. 30, 2010