A neighbor kid came over to my house.. and LITTERALLY MUGGED MY SON FOR HIS TOY!!

I AM TOTALLY OUT OF SORTS.. Tomorrow am.. I will be speaking to his parents.. WHAT WOULD YOU SAY? WHAT WOULD YOU DO..?

The kid punched my son.. repeatedly.. Busted his lip, and gave him a Deviated septum, and Ruptured his ear drum.. YA.. I personally intend that at minimum they are paying for the dr's appts...

Kid did all this to steal my son's G-pack and Nintendo DS.... which he was sharing out on the porch WITH THIS BULLY..

I was out back hanging laundry.. didn't see or hear much.. all this happened in just under 8 minuits..

MAKEMYDAY101

Asked by MAKEMYDAY101 at 10:28 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Wow....what a sad situation. It was nice of you to try but if the police are familiar with both the child and the family-that becomes a STAY AWAY policy for me!!!
    And as for this kid who is 2 years older being in your son's class??? Wow is that a cause for concern--for all the kids. As much as you want to give this kid a chance, your school is resposible for all the kids' safety and I would be on them to ensure something changes...sounds like he needs special attention....also sounds like he is a ticking timebomb....some people should just not be allowed to have kids!!! I feel bad for the kid but your child and his safety and well-being need to come first....
    Good luck!!!
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 11:22 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I would call the cops, immediately. Screw talking with the parents. Your son was assaulted and robbed.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:30 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yeah, I would have phoned the police and his parents. Charges would definitely be charged, due to him commiting assault and for stealing. Also, the boy who did it, needs to know he can't go around doing that to people and not have any reprecussions/consequences.
    siimply_me

Answer by siimply_me at 10:35 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• How old is this kid? It makes me wonder where he picked this stuff up from.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:30 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Holy crap...I just posted something similiar b/c of an incident that happened today with my son but it was NOTHING compared to yours....I would call the cops immediately. That is WAY too much injury to blow off as "kids being kids"....
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 10:34 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I would be calling the police now and pounding on their door right now!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I would call the cops too, you may end up having to sue the parents for the medical bills and the judge will probably want to know why you didnt call the police.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:43 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Also, take pictures and keep all hospital/medical records....
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 10:43 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I would call the cops that way they are aware of it and the parents will take you seriously.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:35 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Agree with all of the above. You have to wonder about a kid who behaves like that and what kind of role model he has. Chances are, his parents are not going to react the way you think they should. Get a police report filed!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 10:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2010