Do you yell or get mad at your child/children when they don't get it right ?

When my children stepped on my last nerve, I often found myself yelling at the children for next to nothing stuff. Or if I didn't think they were doing something right the first time I would yell or discipline them. One day a friend made a comment that has stuck with me. They said, "I wish we were as perfect as we try to make our children be." Ouch... but so true. I had forgotten how many times it took me to learn to do something, or how many time I do something wrong. There's no one yelling at me? Why do I feel I have to yell or get mad at them when they don't get it right?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 10:54 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• uummmm.....you gave me something to think about...
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:56 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• We treat/think these little people are adults and should know better-do better, but they are in a learning phase, just as we still are.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:57 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have to say ouch too, because sometimes I do that with my son. I have to keep in mind no matter how irritated I am with his choices, I can get my point across without yelling.
    siimply_me

Answer by siimply_me at 10:57 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• No.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 11:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• We all have our ways of doing things. But when it comes to our own kids, sometimes we automatically think that they should know what to do. But they are no more perfect than we are. We always assume that they know what to do. But this isn't always the case. If you want your children to do something a certain way, showing them is the best thing to do, and it may take more than once to get it right. Sometimes we also expect too much and that definitely brings it on.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:24 AM on Sep. 26, 2010