What do u do 2 keep from taking your feelings/frustrations out on your child/children?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 10:55 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• vent on here. sometimes just writing things down to get it off my chest works wonders. other times, i hand them over to dh when he gets home and tell him to give me just a little bit of time to breath. he's great like that :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I ask them to give me some space. I go outside for a few minutes or I listen to the radio for the drive home.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 11:02 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I put them in their room, then listen to my iPod until I've cooled off!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• yes i try..i just shut my dr an meditate
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:12 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Meditate, pray.Journal. I do all three, at different times. It depends.

mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 11:56 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• If I am frustrated about something else, my boy usually eases my frustration. He almost seems to know when I've had a bad day at work or don't feel good, and he usually greets me with smiles and giggles. When it is my son who is frustrating me, I remind myself how lucky I am to have the opportunity to be frustrated by him. I would give almost anything to be able to be frustrated by his older brother who passed away.
    sallymoon

Answer by sallymoon at 12:17 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• oh, sallymoon, thank you for sharing that with us. I'm sorry you had to be the one to out live your son. No parent should have to experience it! I appreciate you being willing to talk about it and for setting a standard. We need to treat each other as if this is the only day we have together. Because it does happen. I'm glad you have a son who's heart is as tender as yours. I'm glad he know how to make you laugh. I'm also happy that you let him in! Stop by any time to share....
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 12:44 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I vent on Facebook.
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 2:52 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Big hugs (((((((sallymoon)))))))))) and OP, what a kind and gentle response. I couldn't agree more! We SHOULD encourage each other more.
    Generally, I send DS to his room. I joke about how it's "for his own protection," but it's actually the truth when I'm feeling frustrated. My mom was a big time spanker, and usually when she was angry. It was so ugly and confusing. I will NEVER do that to my child. My Dad was a yeller, and I admit that I yell. I'm working on it. I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than yesterday! I also know that every time I get a little better about not yelling, it gets easier the next time...like a muscle. I am in awe of Michelle Duggar with all those kids and she never yells. How???!!! I'd be screaming all the time. Then again, I would never have that many kids, but that's an entirely different topic. LOL
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:52 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I clean something. Or send them to the playroom.
    renijazzysmom

Answer by renijazzysmom at 9:47 AM on Sep. 26, 2010