GAMESTOP IS PISSING ME OFF!!!!!!Ok so hubby has been going to gamestop and getting games and then refunding them and getting a new one for about 2 months now. So the other day we went to bring this last one back so he can get a refund because he wanted to buy a pair of sneakers with the money he had on the game.

So when we went to get the refund the girl, who i must say was very rude, said she couldnt give us the cash she had to put it on the giftcard. So we were looking confused like, what gift card??? We dont have a gift card. So it turns out the cashier who rang the game up last time, charged it with a gift card instead of the cash we payed it with. SO they wanna give us a gift card, we dont want that though because we payed for it with cash and now we want it back. So i ask to speak with the manager, he said that they cant give it to us, im like but it isnt our fault its the workers fault for putting that we payed for it by gift card its a mistake. What should we do??? He said he cant give it to us except for on the gift card. We didnt even have one though. I need answers. Im beyond pissed. Can they really do that??? It wasnt our fault because we didnt even have a gift card. So its the workers fault.

Tryin4GodsAngel

Asked by Tryin4GodsAngel at 10:55 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Shopping

• I'm sorry, that really sucks. Unfortunately, I don't think there IS much they can do in this case. The cashier obviously made a mistake but they have no way of proving that, and they have to stick to their policy or they could just give cash back to anyone who insisted they didn't pay with a gift card. I'm dealing with a similar situation at Blockbuster - they claim we owe them $16 for a movie we never even rented, but there's NOTHING I can do to prove it. I know what it feels like to be in their position too, and it sucks. I used to work at Blockbuster and there were times when I completely believed that the customer was telling the truth, but I couldn't do anything about it.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:02 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Yes, I think you should complain to corporate. Make sure you explain that you are simply returning the games for a refund after you have played them. Let them know you have been doing this for a while now and expect to continue to abuse GAME STOP's generous refund policy and you want you darn money back!

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:31 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It really does suck. My mother suggest i call the main company so she is gonna try and give me the number for that. There has to be something because its the workers fault. Idk hopefully they can but if not we will never step foot back in there again. Thanks for your answer :)
    Tryin4GodsAngel

Comment by Tryin4GodsAngel (original poster) at 11:06 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Good luck, I really hope they step up and treat you right!!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I'm sorry, I don't really understand (I don't play video games)....do you get to return them as used, then you get some money back?
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 11:45 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I dont play games either. But yes he bought a game and u have 7 days to get a refund if you want. So he brings them back in them 7 days and then he can get his money back. So he has been doing it because he is great at games so no need to buy and keep them when he beats them in like 2 days and can return them
    Tryin4GodsAngel

Comment by Tryin4GodsAngel (original poster) at 11:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• There is really no way that they or you can prove that you did not pay with a gift card. I think you are out of luck which is a shame but there is probably nothing that you can do. You should always check your receipts before leaving a place to make sure that they ring you up correctly.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:13 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• some stores have a policy that you can only make a certain number of returns before they will give you store credit...is it possible that maybe they have a policy like this and the clerk didnt tell him that he could only give him a gift card and then used that to pay for his new game? or maybe he didnt have a receipt for the last one and they gave him store credit? Once the games are opened the store can not resell them as new so they are taking a loss when you do this, a lot of the time they will only give you store credit so you have to reinvest your money in them.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 12:16 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• call the corporate office and you should also have the original receipts showing the last few transactions! just keep complaining until you get what you want!
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 11:03 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I would call corporate, but I have to say what your husband is doing doesn't seem very ethical to me.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:58 AM on Sep. 27, 2010