Does your husband think you are nagging when you tell him something needs to be repaired?

My husband gets upset (he says he isn"t but we all know when they are upset) with me when I tell him something is not working right.(faucet leaking,dryer not heating, water around tub, light fixture that will not work)
I don't think I nag, I just tell him one time and if he doesn"t fix it I try to do it myself(which I would do in the first place if I thought I could) or I will call someone to fix it(whick he hates). He is the same way with the car. I drive it every day and know if something doesn"t work right or sounds different. Is this just a male thing or he he maybe just sensitive to the fact that I have to point it out to him. We have talked about this but he denies that he does this.

mybelle04

Asked by mybelle04 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• If I can fix it myself, I do it. Most things are quite easy to learn to do. If it's something I can't do, I ask him to do it. He doesn't consider it nagging. He's happy to help out.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 12:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I have him show me how, so next time I don't have to bother him... For the most part though, my hubby is the typical 50's husband. He does all the handiwork, and takes the trash out and "brings home the bacon" (Faker bacon, I don't eat meat :P)... I stay home with our daughter and clean, cook, those kinds of things. This is what we agreed on. I enjoy it (most of the time, but it does get lonely).. He loves knowing his family rely on him and that we all love him and he is appreciated. He loves knowing he is truly providing for his family in every way... (That includes feeling guilty about not changing the porch light bulb... He got called away for business and I ended up doing it. He still feels bad.
    RainShadow

Answer by RainShadow at 12:52 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• no, he doesn't. it's expected that if i can't fix it that he is responsible to make it work. he likes being important in our home. this makes him feel important. it's like he's saving me.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• This happend to me last night. i told my SO that his tint on his new car was to dark(he got a new car form another state and the tint law is diff. then are's) and he keeps telling me he dont care about it he was going to leave it on. My friends tell me to leave it along and let him learn but hey men are like that i guess.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I can usually fix it myself but if I ask for him to do it and it doesn't get done I call someone to do it because it is usually something that we need alot like our pellet stove for heat, or our oven.
    katishome

Answer by katishome at 2:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My father traveled with his job when I was a child, he was gone all week and some weekends. When something broke my mother and I fixed it. Now that I have my own home I can fix almost anything! And thanks to the internet I've fixed things I didn't know I could. Now if it's something electrical I'll ask DH, and if he's "busy" then I'll threaten to call a repair man, he usually jumps right on it. As for the car, I can change a tire, that's it. But he doesn't do much on cars so I usually just call the mechanic or ask him to (he can explain what's wrong better than I). Perhaps instead of telling him you could make a "honey do" list and he could just check it. That way it's neutral. And then if he doesn't do it, call someone.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2008