MMR vaccine

My DD has had a cold for the past week or so. She went to the doctor on Wednesday and got her MMR and other 15 month vaccines. Well, today she was extra irritable and very tired. She went to bed at 7:30pm and when I transfered her from my bed to hers she barely woke up (usually she wakes up very easily). She doesn't have a fever though .... Do you think this is a side effect?

Is this ER worthy?

BTW I don't need you to tell me about vaccines ... obviously I have made my choice to vaccinate :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If she doesn't have a fever, I would not be too concerned. She's probably just over-tired from the shots and the cold. I would keep an eye on her, though.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 11:10 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• was she sick when they gave her the vacs?? if so they shouldn't have.. if there's no fever its not enough to go to the er.. just keep an eye on her for the next couple days... as the PP said she could just be over tired from the shots and stuff.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Sounds normal for vaccines. Her legs hurt, so she's cranky, and they generally are tired when they get their vaccines. Unless she sparks a fever, I would just go easy on her and give her some extra love.
    And good for you for vaccinating!! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:55 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Sounds typical of vaccines. The MMR is the hardest on them. My son was a little groggy when he got it too. As long as there is no high fever and when shes awake she isnt lethargic she is ok mama :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:04 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• It could be from the vaccine, it is also possible that she picked up a bug while at the dr's office, or the cold she's had is getting a little worse. I'm surprised, and if I were you, I'd be mad, that they gave a vaccine to a sick child, even if it is just a cold. I wouldn't go to the ER, but I would put a call in to the doctor. Yes, I realize it is Sunday, but there should be an answering service or a doctor that is on call.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• they gave her vaccines when she was sick?? They aren't supposed to do that. They should have postponed until she was better. I would call her ped!
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 2:39 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I agree that is a big no, no to do when children are sick not to vaccinate!!! There probably isnt anything wrong with here just tired from the shot and being sick on top of that... It's just like us when we get sick all we want to do is sleep, so its just like that for babies.....good luck
    B716

Answer by B716 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 26, 2010