Would you allow you child to go on a school trip to another state for 4 days?

We live in NY and my kids' school is taking them to Disney World. My boys are nine and my girl is 5 and they all really want to go but I don't know if I'm confortable with that.
There is going to be one adult for every 4 kids but still, it's going to be Disney World. Kids go nuts in Disney World!!

Would you let them go?

PS. They're all fine with being away from home, did great in summer camp.

mysevenkids

Asked by mysevenkids at 11:14 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• At that age, no..... maybe when they are 13 or 14
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I really don't know! That is so young. But I wouldn't want them to be left out either! Can you go as one of the adults? That's probably the only way I would let them.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 11:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I really wish I could go, but I'm pregnant-due on the 1st of October.. Most of their friends are going so I really don't want them to miss it, I just can't seem to feel comfortable with that trip!!
    mysevenkids

Comment by mysevenkids (original poster) at 11:18 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Probably not unless I could go with them. Or at least a close friend was going you trusted.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 11:18 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• The only way i would let my kids go at that age is if i went too! i am really surpised that the school is going to Disney World for this age group- i think that is to young to be away from home for 4 days & most parents want to experience somewhere like Disney World with their kids!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• maybe the summer after i was in 4th grade we went on a week long roadtrip in girl scouts. We live in florida and went to charlesten, sc and then to savannah, ga I would see if i could go as one of the chaperones though.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• No not these days and times and not only that you can never truely trust teachers..or anyone for that matter
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:23 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Why are they going to Disney World? Where is the educational value in that trip? I could understand if it was for marching band. I could understand if it were a class trip to Washington D.C. or Gettysburg. But Disney, for elementary school kids? I'd say no just because I don't see the point, regardless of the age.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 11:28 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• no i guess cause im a worry wart
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:40 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• It would depend on the chaperon situation.

mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 11:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2010