Had a flu shot and am feeling it...

Ok I am in pain. I have muscle stiffness and pain in my neck, shoulders, and collar bone areas. Even my chest feels sore. I at first slept for nine hours the night I got the shot and normally I sleep six or seven.
Last night was another long sleep, but tonight although I am starting to feel better I wonder if this is the flu shot having an effect on my body.

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 11:14 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Health

• I've never had any problems with flu shots but a friend of mine said she was really sore after having it. It's normal to be sore for a couple days.
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 11:19 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• it is a possibility, because it is a live flu in the flu shot and they say you can have flu-like symptoms. I would say if things don't improve, contact the doctors office.
    siimply_me

Answer by siimply_me at 11:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• The flu shot is not a live virus but the flu mist is. I do believe that you can get muscle pain and soreness afterward though. I personally havent ever had a problem with the shot.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 12:10 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• yes
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:09 AM on Sep. 26, 2010