Anyone have/had a fibroid tumor?

I was diagnosed with a fibroid tumor,the size of a small cantalope, this last summer.
The doctor said that alot of women just live with them. Is this true?
Any stories? And...can they burst? :-(

Thanks

raineshadow

Asked by raineshadow at 12:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Health

• They found my first one when I was pregnant with my oldest. It's the size of a softball and nothing can be done (or will be, my doctors don't think it's a problem.) Another was discovered during my second pregnancy, but it was much smaller and was removed during my c-section. I really don't have a problem with it, major cramping at times, but most days I'm fine. My mother had them (until her hystorectomy-sp?) She had tons of problems, including heavy, heavy periods and numerous miscarriages. There's a group on here that I'm a member of, they have a lot of info.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i have a dermiod tumor and it doesnt bothre me so i dont bother with it
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 2:19 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I have fibroids. Lots of heavy bleeding and cramps that can stop me in my tracks which radiate into my back, hips and leg on the right side. My doctor said that my options are the pill, IUD or a hysterectomy. I don't like any of them so I am hanging in there for now...
    theartsychik

Answer by theartsychik at 9:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2010