Any tips with teething?

My baby will be 5 months next week. He just cut his first tooth earlier this week. He is normally a very calm easy going baby. But lately I have wanted to pull my hair out. Sometimes I have to do teething tablet, orajel and tylenol at once just to calm in down. He isnt fussy all day. just throughout the day. So ANY tips would be greatly appreciated...thanks

jbond83

Asked by jbond83 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Lizabeth never liked oragel, she would yell louder. We used a frozen washcloth alot. (wet the baby washcloths then ROLL them and put them into the freezer) or the regular 'gummy' teethers from the baby store. We made sure they were in the fridge for awhile first. She was just a cold luvin baby. Good luck!
    Taradoodles

Answer by Taradoodles at 11:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• keep giving him cold things to teeth on. My kids had a toy that if they would bite down on it hard enough it would vibrate...I don't know what else because mine didn't care about getting teeth.
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 11:21 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• just continue the tablets, oral gel but if you use motrin instead it seems to help a lot better with teething and last longer than tylenol.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:23 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• You can try a wet cloth that you put in the freezer. Ince frozen place it on the gums. My son loved this when he was teething. You are doing the other things I did as well. I will bump this so you can get more advice from others.
    siimply_me

Answer by siimply_me at 11:23 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I gave my kids large sweet pickels to chew on and frozen waffels. Just refresh whenever they they get soggy or get a piece off.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:45 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• thanks everyone. gonna try the frozen wash cloth in the am
    jbond83

Comment by jbond83 (original poster) at 11:29 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• We have a six months old who has been teething. We have been giving him Baby Orajel which seems to work some. Then we also have a gel teething hand that we freeze, and it seems to help him. We also put his pacifiers in the freezer and sometimes give him those. There is also a raspberry teether that looks like a pacifier that he now likes better than when he was younger. You may have to try other medicines like Hyland's teething tablets from Target or Whole Foods or other teethers until you find the ones that work for your little boy. It is not fun when they sure look cute when they get their teeth through and smile. Good luck!
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 12:01 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Put some orajel in your own mouth. It numbs everything but where the pain really is,plus it can burn and is very uncomfortable. don't use it. And be wary of over medicating...tylenol does not last and if you over use it you can make it not work when you truly need it. Keep active (the best remedy by far), avoid laying him flat (mouth pain is awful when lying down), and give him cold things to gnaw. IF you breastfeed, nursing can be a great comfort. LOve, hugs, cuddles and patience!
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:55 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• homeopathic teething tablets. =) they wor instantly
    hotmommy420

Answer by hotmommy420 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 26, 2010