SAHMs and money for Christmas?

I am a SAHM currently and I am wondering how other SAHMs are able to buy gifts for their DH/SO. I have about $70 in my account and that is money my SO put there for my phone bill. Other than that I have no money to my name. I am curious as to what other women do when it comes to gifts.

TeaAndrews

Asked by TeaAndrews at 12:39 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I make my husband his gift usually. He makes mine as well..It saves money and means more to us because it's truly from the heart. I know that my hubby likes when I paint so sometimes I paint him a portrait on canvas. Of course, it IS his money that I use to buy my products with but it's still pretty inexpensive and a lot more heart-felt.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My husband says, "My money is your money, too." Whenever I need money, I just use the debit card. We don't have "your" money and "my" money...just OUR money. :) If I want to buy him a gift, I use the debit card.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 12:42 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• We share savings and checking accounts, though. We consider it "OUR" money as well.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• His checks get deposited into our joint account, for holidays we set a budget and buy each other a gift in that price range.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 12:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• In our leaner years, I would usually be able to save enough out of food money to buy a gift. I would buy cheaper food, cook more from scratch, and have some $ that way. And I"m great at looking for bargains for the actual gift, too!
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 12:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I just use our debit card to do all our xmas shopping..sorry I don't have any other ideas...
    Anonymous

• I'm getting a job soon so I plan to do that. But if I weren't to work, I'd get him something small because I don't have my own money 'yet.'
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• just wake up on christmas and say i have a gift for u but i already unwrapped it sorry and be in your birthday suit
    Anonymous

• SAME AS THE REST, I USE OUR MONEY ON A SET BUDGET FOR EACH OTHER. MY DH DOESN'T SHOP FOR ME, SO I GET TO PICK MY OWN. LOL WISH IT WOULD CHANGE BUT HASN'T FOR 7 YEARS NOW. LOL

WHAT DOES SO MEAN...sorry, not sure
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 1:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I don't have "my money," we have "our money." Everything in our joint checking account is for both of us to spend. All bills (whether incurred by me, him or us together) are paid from that account (I think all of our bills are now in his name or both of our names. some used to be in only my name because they were accounts I had before we were married...doesn't matter they all get paid from the same account).
    I, personally, don't normally buy gifts for my husband and vice versa. There isn't enough money but when I do buy him gifts I use our account. Of course, he likes to joke that technically he bought the gift for himself since he worked for the money but whatever...it's the thought that counts.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2008