do you like your neighbors?

My neighbors party a lot and it's annoying. They are my age but don't have kids and i get so sick of hearing the bass and the back door being slammed shut. My daughter doesn't wanna fall asleep in her room anymore because of their partying.

We have assigned parking spots and if they have people over they always park in my spot like i don't have friends that come over or something.

I don't care what you do during the day but when im ready to go to bed i want peace and quiet!!

It's not like i can move easily right now. Selling my condo would be a pain. it would take forever

Smiley001

Asked by Smiley001 at 11:28 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My neighbors are my in-laws ... wanna trade?

I can handle loud music and parking .... I can't handle being called everytime I leave me drive-way "where are ya going?!"
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:30 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• NO! I have 3 acres and they are still too close.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• not at all. all hours of the day and night their music blares and shakes our apt. it makes our dog really nervous and wakes our dd up. and our landlord refuses to do anything about it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:31 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• well if fit's so much noise that your baby wont/cant go ta sleep u can report. It's called DTP (Disturbing The Peace). And it's not far that you have to stay up all night and you probably have to go to work and you have a daughter who wont go to sleep and you have to wait for her to doze off. It's hard enough and what you can do before you report it is go talk to your neighbors and let them know that you have a baby and you would like some respect. I'm sure they wont have a problem with quieting the music down and the rest of the noise.
    But good lukk
    StillStandin013

Answer by StillStandin013 at 11:33 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I wouldn't mind them parking in my spot if my car wouldn't get dinged up by their doors
    Smiley001

Comment by Smiley001 (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Not really. I haven't had any contact with them, but they're jerks and psychotic to make a long story short.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:34 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Can't stand 'em. Our entire courtyard of neighbors is a nightmare, mostly because they sit outside in a huge group, smoking like chimneys and talking so loud that we can hear every word even with our windows closed. Yet we can't even breathe too loudly or they complain to management.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:36 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have the exact same problem as you do. We live in a condo as well. The neighbor on the left is awesome. He is an older man and has never complained about anything. The neighbors on our right are three 21 year olds who are constantly having friends over who park in our spot or block us in. They also play loud music and are outside on their patio being loud. I have not been outside on our patio at all this summer because it use to be a quiet place and now there are loud obnoxious people out there. My son also complains about the noise. It is so frustrating at times.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:37 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• We live in NYC, we don't really know our neighbors lol!!

But we do know a family who lives in the building across the street and we like them.. And my daughter and her husband live in our bulding 3 floors up, we like them too!! Our next door neighbors, they look nice!
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 11:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Our neighbors to the south are loons, well, he is. He has killed some flowers growing on our property for 2 summers now. And he was cutting down one of our bushes. I made DH deal with him because the old loon thinks that I'm "only a woman."

Never really see the neighbors to the north. The ones across the street are great. They are in their late 50's and don't have kids. They do all sorts of cool things to support mine - buy their fund raiser stuff, let them come over and hang in their yard, and are more grandparent like than the kids' grandparents.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:52 PM on Sep. 25, 2010