Everyone knows them.. atleast one..

You know the kid who was always in trouble.. Grew up and turned into... __________
In my high school there was some kids who were just class clowns.. I later realized they were probably kids with learning disabilities who since they couldn't keep up with the class.. decided to amuse themselves with jokes etc.. These aren't the ones I am talking about..

The ones I am speaking of.. are the Fighters, the Druggies.. etc the ones even back then you knew.. were not gonna turn into much..

My question is this.. Did any of them ever turn out well.. You know OVER COME THE ODDS?

I want to hear about the ones who the world thought of as losers.. and who really were.. BUT THEY SOMEHOW MADE IT OUT.. Tell me their story!

MAKEMYDAY101

Asked by MAKEMYDAY101 at 11:33 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I know of one. He wasn't a druggie, but he was considered a loser. He had long hair, dressed in all black and played D&D and other fantasy games while at school (when he attended) and after school. Nobody thought he would amount to anything. His own mom even admitted that she didn't think he would even graduate from high school. Fast forward 10 years later, this guy has spent 8 years in the army (4 active, 4 reserve) and has received several awards and medals for his achievements. He has also been employed at the Sheriff's Office for 5 years and has completed his Associate degree in Criminal Justice. He has a son and is a wonderful dad. People in high school called him a loser, for the past 8 years, I have called him my husband and my hero.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• lol.. all the losers I knew (bullies, druggies, etc.) in school are losers and still idiots... even more so since they should've grown the hell up by now.
    Bree0922

Answer by Bree0922 at 11:36 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• i dont know any.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:36 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Just have take a moment to say what an awesome story - especially coming from his wife.

I knew someone who everyone thought was a loser, but he was just poor. He never had any friends or girlfriends, everyone picked on him. He "got out" (so to speak) because he was driving his motorcycle and was in an accident and died just a couple years out of high school. I always wonder about the jocks and jerks who picked on him....did they ever feel any remorse for the torture they put this poor kid through??? My friends and I all went together and got an arrangement for his funeral and his mother said "wow - I didn't even realize he had any friends who cared what happened to him." Isn't that just sad? We were never really close with him, but we weren't mean, we didn't laugh at him, and he usually ate lunch with us. But for his mom to not even know he was cared about - it makes me very sad.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:14 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• In grade school there was this mysterious, nice looking for how we all looked back then, guy named Mike. He always got into trouble. He was very disruptive, and sooner or later he picked on everyone. Brought porn to class, wore a biker type leather jacket, swore, this was back in the day I'm talking. Fast forward to today, every so often when he isn't in jail, I run into him at like the gas station, grocery store or wherever. He still looks the same, except a lot rougher & crack took most of his teeth from him, (he has no idea who I am) Now he's in prison for his part in a murder, so I guess I won't see him around for awhile. What a waste of life!
    Abytome

Answer by Abytome at 3:10 AM on Sep. 26, 2010