What are some things that we can keep on hand for dinner that require no cooking or heat at all?

I bought my first house. Yay me!

In the last week, the power has gone out four times. Every single time while I was in the middle of cooking something. (since I make three meals a day that's not odd) but today, I was making dinner at four, and then the power dies, and I was able to feed the kids at eight thirty.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 11:35 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• deli meat wraps
    and
    um
    thats about it
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:41 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• fruits and veggies
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 11:45 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• peanut butter an jelly
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• sandwiches, a cracker tray with crackers, meats, cheese, maybe peanut butter, fruit salad (not really a meal, but it could work). My grandmother used to make me "party trays" when I was little. Cheese, meats, apples, bread, pickles, and whatever else she could find and it all had tooth picks in it. =) I loved it!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 11:46 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• meat,cheese,crackers, with some fresh veggies..and fruit.
    sandwiches
    spam
    tuna sandwiches
    you can have a salad, with adding tuna,chicken, ham...those that are in the can or sealed packages
    kids_r_gr8

Answer by kids_r_gr8 at 11:47 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• deli meat
    Salads
    I would keep tortillas, veggies, and lunch meat/cheese in the fridge and you can make sandwich wraps
    Grab some cans of chicken and make chicken salad sandwiches, or tuna
    JaeNmissMae

Answer by JaeNmissMae at 11:47 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Cereal Night with fruit. This way milk is used up.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:57 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• If the power went out I would just use the grill for back up otherwise I have canned meat and mayo in the fridge. So we could have chicken or tuna sandwiches, or PB&J, lunch meat and cheese is another option, salad in a bag would be something to keep on hand. I always have fresh cut up fruit and cottage cheese so maybe I would do a plate of cottage cheese with fruit and a sandwich if it came down to it.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:44 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Sandwich meats, tuna, fruits, vegetables, crackers & cheese, peanut butter & jelly, salads, chicken, steak...........I always keep this stuff available.
    Sassy762

Answer by Sassy762 at 11:04 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• you can definitely keep box cereal , lunchables, cold cuts, peanut butter and jelly, just stuff like that so if the power runs out again then they will have something to eat
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 3:05 AM on Sep. 27, 2010