Is it safe to take Tylenol? How much is too much?

I started having a really bad toothache on Friday and over the weekend. I called my after hours nurse on Sunday because i couldnt take it anymore. She said to take one Tylenol Extra Strength every four hours, so i took one at 10am, 2pm and 8pm. (that was 3) But on Saturday i had taken 2 because i was in really bad pain, so there goes 5! Yesterday i went to the dentist and got a root canal done and the dentist said that after the anasthesia wore off i would feel pain so he prescribed me Tylenol 3, they told me to just take 1 at night so i did and it took away the pain instantly!! I slept like a baby but now i feel a little guilty that i'm putting all those Tylenol's in my body and i'm not sure if it affects the baby even though the Nurses and Dentist said it was ok.

Any comments are opinions are welcome :) Thanks Ladies!

BellaSantana

Asked by BellaSantana at 12:42 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Health

• The maximum amount of tylenol you should take in a 24-hour period is 4000 mg. As long as you don't go over that amount, you won't do any damage to your baby or your liver =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2008