Why do some people ask questions anonymously?

This does NOT include the sexually, potentially embarrassing questions. That makes sense to me. The questions that I'm referring to are: a lady was looking for a meatloaf recipe? I'm not trying to be a douche, but I was just wondering why some people do this over what one would normally consider inane/benign?

DMac08

Asked by DMac08 at 11:49 PM on Sep. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• This is the only section of Cafemom that is not private. Men have infilterated this site, I don't know if many are aware of this but x's can easily access any info posted here, it is available to the general public, you do not need to be a member to read what is posted here but men also disguise themselves as women and join. The meatloaf question may seem benign to you but it could be that the person posting it may have issues with the x knowing their business, and may just feel a general need for privacy.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 12:01 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Good question, I want to know the same thing.
    siimply_me

Answer by siimply_me at 11:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• I have no idea, it is something that drives me nuts. I kind of think that the anon options should only be allowed in certain sections.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:55 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• i guess she wanted to but as long as it's not embarrassing i don't care about showing my name
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 11:51 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• Maybe they are 'testing' their anonymity with a safe questions before posting a question that REALLY requires it.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 11:52 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• too chicken shit to admit they eat meat--- LOL
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:55 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• good answer blessedwithree, I never thought of that.
    DMac08

Comment by DMac08 (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Sep. 25, 2010

• thank you chocolatluver, I never considered that either.....thank you ladies for using this forum as it was intended!!!
    DMac08

Comment by DMac08 (original poster) at 12:04 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I'm the one with the meatloaf recipe!! Yeah sorry about that.. Sometimes I check the anon box by accident. I always go for the box on the bottom but when I do it quickly I check the wrong box.. It's happened a couple of times to me!!
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 12:04 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• You're welcome DMac08 & LOL mysevenkids!!!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 12:06 AM on Sep. 26, 2010