How much does your age really matter?

If you were my age 36, married to a 29 year old, would you be worried about the health concerns ( you & baby) about having another child at my "advanced maternal age"? I have no problem conceiving but have had two late term miscarrages in the past 3 years. Dr says he can find no problems

JenNAY3

Asked by JenNAY3 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• if you have had problems in the past i would be concerned.
    But..
    just because of your age doesn't mean thats the problem. My mom got married to a 22 yr old at 35. in feb of 1999 had my brother in november of that yr, then had my sister in august of 2000. It is possible you just have to rest and not worry so much if it s possible.
    GOOD LUCK!!!
    Anonymous

• I think your overall health is a MUCH bigger factor than your age. If you're a very healthy woman that can still have kids, your age really shouldn't matter.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• you and i are in the same boat! i agree, overall health makes a major importance. that "magic number" of 35 is just the starting point of looking at risk.. the farther you get from 35 the higher the risks. i have had losses as well, but they were as early as age 26 and as late as a few months ago. no "reason" found for any of them. hugs to you for those and well wishes for the future!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2008