She tends to annoy me when.

I feel bad that she (my boyfriend's mother) gets on my nerves. Not all the time, but definitely more when my boyfriend's sister is in town. She has two kids, and my boyfriend and I have a son together, so when the sister is here, she wants all her grandkids together, but when the sister is gone, she's flaky about seeing him. And she isn't as nice to my bf when his sis is here either. I don't want it to affect my relationship with him, because she's always going to be the mom, but I don't think I should bite my tongue either. What should I do about the mom aspect?

countrygirl1987

Asked by countrygirl1987 at 12:05 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• As a wife to a man whose mother is a crapburger, I would state all that needs to be said now. Waiting till later will only get you a MIL you don't like. It took years for my husband to realize his mother is nuts and I am not overreacting or misinterpreting. He know know his mother says things to me that no one in the world should say, treats our son way different than our daughter, says one thing to him and another nasty version to me, and is just crazy. If you sit tight lipped, you are only prolonging the inevitable.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 12:24 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I would try talking to him about first and see what he thinks, since he knows his mom best. Then, if he suggests talking to her, then go ahead and tell her about herself in the most respectable way that is.
    siimply_me

Answer by siimply_me at 12:11 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• How often is your BFs sister in town? If it's only once in a while, I'd probably let it slide. I mean, if it doesn't bother your BF how his own mother treats him, then you probably should let it go, IMO.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 12:12 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• It does bother him, but he doesn't say anything. And she's either always in town, or his mom is always gone visiting her.
    countrygirl1987

Comment by countrygirl1987 (original poster) at 12:15 AM on Sep. 26, 2010