How should I take care of cut on my thigh?

I worry about how it's going to heal,since it's on my thigh,maybe it will take longer.I was walking on a dirt path and gauged my thigh with a stick, I just got out of the pool.I didn't put any alchohol on it just washed it with water and put neosporin on it.Should I put a bandaid on it or air dry?It's not a deep wound,it only bled a little but not dripping.Do you think having a cut on your thigh will be harder to heal?I have flabby thighs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Health

• If you are a diabetic, if it doesn't heal in a few days, better get yourself to the Dr. Are you a slow healer? Are you in any pain? Is there any puss/ white or yellowish goo coming out? Has a scab formed? If there is a scab you're healing just fine. If it cracks open, keep it clean with above choices. Hope this helps.
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 3:17 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I would use saline to clean any cut then I apply neosporin or the hospital medicated kind and then add a band aid for the night, It should heal about the same as a hand or foot keep it dry and if anything gets into it keep it clean so you don't get a staff infection..
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 12:13 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I think the above poster gave you a great answer. I would just care for it as you would anything else.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:14 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Definitely keep the area clean. Wash it twice a day with a saline or witch hazel and then apply Neosporin to it. I'd add the band-aid for a bit of time, but definitely let it air out during the day some. If it's still not looking better tomorrow night, repeat the treatment.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:21 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Good advice here. If it starts to look, feel or smell funky SEE A DOCTOR!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:08 AM on Sep. 26, 2010