If you were the 1st Lady of U.S.

what would you do?

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 12:16 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Be involved as much as possible in education and work on using the money funding it more wisely. There is so much money that could be funneled down to the classroom that are not making it there.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:19 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Right now?
    considering the current economy, and the state of the US deficit, Everything I would do would be free. Literally. I'd work in the soup kitchens or the food bank in DC, I'd doing the gardening myself, and I'd be visiting with the kids who came to see the White house. All of which would be a nightmare for the secret service, I'm sure.

My thing would be financial awareness. There's a huge savings deficit in this country... Most people are literally living paycheck to paycheck, whether they could be putting money aside or not.

The best place to start would be bitching at Congress to reign in their purse strings.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:23 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I agree with Lovin!! I would SET A POSITIVE EXAMPLE of how everyday Americans in THIS economy should behave! I certainly wouldn't go around saying "being First Lady is Hell!" or taking separate million dollar vacations!! But see, if I were First Lady, my husband and I would continue living the way we live now--we would just have more responsibility and be more conscientious on how what we say and do will impact the country we represent!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:32 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• So, americanadian, you think our gov't should just stop and let the drugs pour in? The money spent on the war on drugs will not pay for 1 of PBO's stimulus plan. The latest on is $30 billion. The most spent on drugs is $19 billion in 2003. Maybe PBO should stop borrowing money and having huge give-aways. That would really help the national debt. I guess as 1st Lady I would try to get my husband to stop charging our country into bankruptcy.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:31 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Emulate Laura Bush.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:41 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• jesse, can you tell me why someone goes to jail instead of rehab when found in possession of drugs? Can you tell me why it is OK for the guy at the corner store to sell cigarettes and alcohol which has been proven to kill yet marijuana is illegal and will not kill you? I do not want ALL drugs legal I want one people found in possession to go to rehab NOT jail and marijuana legal because there is NO reason it is illegal other than the religious freaks who got it illegal in the first place.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:03 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Each year the DEA part of government spends billions upon billions of dollars on fighting the never ending drug war. Over and over drugs keep winning. Now, I've stopped smoking a long, long time ago, but I think the govt should quit wasting money on a fruitless effort and start paying back the national debt. We as a country need to be independent rather than relying on other countries to keep us funded. That's what id do.
    americanadian25

Answer by americanadian25 at 9:32 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• american, I agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• ***one***
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:32 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• No, I never said we should let drugs pour into the country, that would just be harmful to us and our families. But instead of trying to stomp it out, they should regulate it just like they regulate alcohol cigarettes and porn. Unless the govt hurts the drug dealers where it hurts the most, aka money, they will still thrive in this country. And I agree with stopping giving out handouts too. PBO is spending money that's not his to spend.
    americanadian25

Answer by americanadian25 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 26, 2010