Leapster2 or Mobi-go by Vtech?

I'm looking to buy my daughter an educational electronic toy for her birthday... I'm having a hard time choosing between the Leapster2 and the Vtech Mobi-go. Do you have either? Give pros and cons please.

gotfavor

Asked by gotfavor at 12:22 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I love leapster products! Swear by them actually, but my daughter has a ds which has a lot more age appropriate games. They have wonder pets, dora, diego, backyardiagans ec...and when she grows out of them they'll be more options and she can grow with it. Whereas the other learning systems stop at a certain age, or the children grow out of them. Plus, with the ds, you can get games for yourself and it can be a family thing. However, if you want to stick to those I'd pick Leapster just because I love everything they do. I never heard of Mobi-go. (But I live in London...so that could be the reason)
    baboluchi56

Answer by baboluchi56 at 4:53 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• I love the Leapster products. We have a Leapster clickstart and love it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:24 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• We have had the Leapster for a while and it's great.

However, I just started checking out the Mobi and I love it. V-Tech makes great toys. I think I'll be getting it for my kids for Christmas.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 12:29 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My dd is 4, she has the Leapster 2. She got the leapster1 when she was about 2.5 (it gave up after a long fight lol) and she has loved it since. I'd say cons are the games are for older kids, most are over the age of 5.. It is tough though, been dropped a few times! lol
    We didn't have the Mobi option when we got her Leapster...
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 12:33 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Leapster
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:34 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• we thought about getting our daughter one of those for her 3rd birthday but her aunt who has 4 kids said she invested in a nintendo ds instead because of the wide range of games and the ability for the child to keep it and use it at an older age. our daughter received a dsi from us and loves it! we use a nerf case just incase it falls, but she actually is learning alot!and we love the ability to take pictures
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 1:01 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• DS has the leapster 2 as well as some other leapster products. They are great and he really likes them. He just saw the Mobi-go on tv and says he wants that. I don't know much about it yet though so I need to research a bit.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 9:22 AM on Sep. 26, 2010