Can you really trust the law enforcement?

When it comes to your teens misbehaving. Please don't be so quick to call the law enforcement. They are so corupt. :( I can't trust them anymore. My brother was killed actually murdered by them when my mom called for help. Please take other measures and take control of these teen now while they are still young.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• I'm so very sorry for your loss. Certainly, calling the police should be a parent's last resort, for a variety of reasons.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 12:59 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• There are corrupt people everywhere.  However, not all people involved in the Criminal Justice system are corrupt.  The Criminal Justice system is not perfect by any means but it is what we have.  What we have is much better than having no Criminal Justice system.  It is easy to point fingers and to accuse the entire system for one or two peoples actions.

Perhaps a better way to approach this would be to fight for more training within the Criminal Justice system. In addition, you can use your energy to help serve troubled youth.

tinkerbell76

Answer by tinkerbell76 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I don't accuse the Entire system. I just know most are corrupt. I'm just saying that the truth. Unless you've experienced the cover-ups you can't speak. 

Parents often wait until things are too late. Bottom line I just want to encourage parents to focus on everything that is going on with YOUR children. Be actively involved daily.

Anonymous

• I pray for you and your family, Thanks for the information
    thedies

Answer by thedies at 2:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Anonymous- I have a degree in Criminal Justice and have worked very closely with police officers.  I stand firm on my belief that there is corruption and cover-ups in the Criminal Justice system.  Again, this doesn't mean that all people within it are corrupt. If they were all corrupt there would be alot more criminals walking our streets. It takes citizens like you and me to help bring change.

I had two goals for myself when I decided to pursue a degree in Criminal Justice. The first was to find ways to get out of an abusive marriage. I successfully completed that goal with assistance from police officers, DV advocates, and the courts.  The second was to help troubled teens. Prior to becoming a SAHM I worked with troubled teens and was able to be a postive influence for many of them.

All parents should be actively involved with their children!

tinkerbell76

Answer by tinkerbell76 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• You can't always trust even yourself in certain circumstances so please don't think a bad apple makes for the entire law enforcement bad. It is a terrible thing that happened to your family! I'm very sorry!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 5:36 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Yes, some are corrupt, but some teens are just as bad. 3 teenagers here killed a pizza delivery man with a bat for less than $20, just so they could skip town and avoid a court date for theft. I'll side with the cops.
    Anonymous

• I know nothing of your situation, nor will I pretend to, I am so sorry you lost your brother, but it is illogical and unfair to assume that all officers of the law are corrupt.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 8:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i grew up as a cops daughter, the cops are the LAST ppl i'd call for my teens!
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I had my son arrested on his 16th birthday and I will never forgive myself. I had a fight with Bio Dad and he was in the middle of it. When Bio Dad left my son started to trash his room. I was afraid of him hurting himself so I called. He was arrested on a domestic. Of course Bio Dad should have been the one arrested since he started the whole mess. But anyways... from that point forward my son seemed to not care about police etc. I have many friends in law enforcement and in the court system. The only person who could have any influence on him was his probation officer and I cannot thank her enough. There is not alot out there for families to get help but you may just find the one person who can make a difference. Unfortunately for Anonymous it's too late but for other moms there is help it just takes awhile.
    DiyDiva

Answer by DiyDiva at 10:08 AM on Oct. 23, 2008