will a 2 door car (hyuandi tiburon) work with car seat in the back? does anyone have a 2 door car or do i really need to invest in a 4 door? :)

cuteducky

Asked by cuteducky at 12:32 AM on Sep. 26, 2010 in Travel

• you can do it its just a pian in the butt we had a 2 door and it only took 3 months and i was telling my hunny we needed something new
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 12:34 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My Mother only drove two door cars when we were growing up but they were a lot bigger back then. I will have to say that the angle on the seats of the two door cars that we have owned would not lend themselves to a car seat but you could tests a car seat in there and see what you think.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:34 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• that is what i am thinking myself.....it won't take long before we get annoyed...
    cuteducky

Comment by cuteducky (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• im also thinking more about having to pull the seat up and pull the baby out of the back...this will get tiring for both of us.
    cuteducky

Comment by cuteducky (original poster) at 12:37 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• We had a 2-D Toyota Tercel when ODS was born and when DD was born. We got something bigger when YDS was born b/c it wouldn't hold two large carseats, but once the youngest was in a booster seat, we went back to using the Tercel as our main vehicle. It can be done, and I didn't think it was that big of a deal.
    London3

Answer by London3 at 12:48 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• We have a Honda Accord Coupe (2dr) and as long as you have a base for the carseat its pretty easy, but a killer on the back if you take the carseat in and out.
    still have the 2dr, my sons in a convert still rear facing, he's 10mos, and we still fit and sometimes even ride in the back.

not something id buy a new car over unless the funds are disposable
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:51 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My husband has a Tiburon and we keep a carseat in the back for our son. However, he is 5 years old, so it is a lot easier to do that than a newborn. I honestly don't see how you could put an infant carrier in the back seat and everyone be safe and comfortable. Do you already have the Tiburon or are you looking at buying one? If you already have it, then I would try to put a carseat in there to see if there is room and how much room you and your husband would have. If you are thinking about buying a Tiburon, then I wouldn't if this was going to be the family car. Now, if it is just going to be your husband's car, then it would be fine.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:42 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• We had a 2 door until the second child arrived- then with 2 in car seats we moved to a 4 door. Thankfully back then, we were all thin and tiny-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:07 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• Way back in the day, like 14 years ago, we could NOT get a rear facing car seat into our 2 seater. Not sure if things have changed.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:40 AM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I gave up my 2 door because it was just too much of a pain in the ass with car seats! That's just me, you do what you like!
    Abytome

Answer by Abytome at 1:23 AM on Sep. 27, 2010